Archive for February, 2012
Everyone needs to sign up for US Leagues in order to play polo with us. The site to do this is actually kind of confusing, so I have put a link directly to the page you need to go to.
Click on 2012 Utah High School Spring League
Choose Athlete (the $25 option) and click Next and fill out the information
You MUST be signed up before you play in any game, so please do it now.
If you are on Free or Reduced Lunch, see Shawn. You can get a Gold membership (which allows you to play in other tournaments during the year) for the $25.
If you have signed up in the past, you will need to log in to the site (upper right hand corner, Member Login) before doing this so you can make sure to have everything associated correctly.
We will be having a parent’s meeting for Water Polo on Wednesday Feb. 29th at 6:30pm. We will meet in Shawn’s classroom (B108) and discuss the schedule, fees, fundraising, and any other questions you may have. Please plan on being there with us if at all possible. Thanks.
The annual Swim Banquet and Recognition will be next Wed March 7th at 6pm in the cafeteria. We will cover the cost of the swimmers, but anyone else coming to the dinner will need to pay (when we know exactly how much we will let you know). After the dinner, we will move to the library and do the recognition part. If you don’t want to participate in the dinner, please still come at 7pm and meet with us for some awards and fun. All swimmers who participated this year should come.
The State Swim Meet is this Friday and Saturday down at BYU. Here is some info you should all know…
1. It will cost $8 ($4 per session) for any swimmer that is not swimming in the meet. That is a meet fee, not from us. For adults, the cost is $6 per session.
2. Friday we will leave at 2pm from the high school. They will announce at 1:50pm for all swimmers to head to the pool.
3. The meet starts at 5pm on Friday if you are going to watch. There is limited seating, but if they sell out the balcony you will be able to watch a video feed in another room. The meet will last about 1.5-2 hours.
4. Heat sheets will not be sold at the meet…you must print your own ahead of time if you want one. To get the heat sheet, go to http://uhsaa.org/bswimming/2011-12/2012%20State%20Swim%205A%20Final%20Heat%20Sheets.pdf and print that.
5. The meet starts at noon on Saturday. The same info from above is also applicable. The meet will last about 3 hours.
6. For more info about the meet, go to http://uhsaa.org/bswimming/2011-12/2012STATESWIMMEETINFO.pdf
7. Here is an approximate schedule for the meet http://uhsaa.org/bswimming/2011-12/2012%20SWIM%20MEET%205A%20SCHEDULE.pdf